Friday, March 2, 2012

Solar Plexus


I feel this need to be in Chennai today. Oh who am I kidding, I feel that way any time that I'm not in Chennai. Even though I'm not really the home-bound type (as was evident at the age of five when I happily took off for another city, accompanied by only a family friend) it's Chennai. And that means that you pretty much always have a little hole in your heart where it used to be.

Sometimes I miss the beach, where people think it's perfectly acceptable to walk at four in the morning and eleven at night. At other times, I just miss having someone to call for any arbit plan I make, because most people I know from school, college, and even G are around there somewhere. But today, in particular, I have a longing for the TS and school. Audio tracks of my grandfather's baritone and voices from school have been zigzagging through my head.

I'm homesick for the music of home. I really need to figure out where that song book of mine is. Or borrow someone's and make a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment